With the start of the new semester rapidly approaching, it
may be time to get a jump on things and open your accounts with ILLiad and
I-Share, the library’s premier document delivery products!
1. Under “My Library Account (Renew/Request)” choose “ILLiad”
2. You will see the “Interlibrary Loan & ILLiad” Research Guide
3. Click on the red link for “Click here to create an account”
4. Click the link for “First Time User? Click Here to create an ILLiad account”
5. Read through the Instructions and Copyright Information
6. Click on the green “First Time Users Click Here” button
7. Use your Roosevelt ID number (starting with 23311) and @roosevelt.edu email address
8. Choose a Campus, Username, and Password
9. Articles are kept ‘in the cloud’ for 30 days – you can download, if you’d like to keep a copy.
Here is how to open an individual library account for I-Share, in order to request books to be sent from one campus to another, or from another library directly to your RU campus:
1. Under “My Library Account (Renew/Request)”, choose “I-Share”
2. Choose the green link for “Create New Account”
3. Type in a username; for Borrower ID, use “23311” + your RU ID
4. You will also need to create (and remember) a password
5. Books typically take 2-3 working days to arrive; you will receive an email confirmation
6. Books may be checked out for a four week period, and may be renewed up to three times.